Joe comes from a psychological background, having gained a BSc in Psychology from the University of Manchester and an MSc in Occupational/Organisational Psychology from the University of Leeds. His research into coaching has been published in the Journal of Social Sciences Research and the International Journal of Society Systems Science. He also has experience working in a variety of roles in both the public and private sector, which has resulted in an understanding of the inner workings of different types of organisations and a particular interest in improving employee engagement. In addition to this, Joe is a qualified coach, with an ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring.
His expertise covers the following areas:
- Occupational/Organisational Psychology
- Coaching skills facilitation
- One to one coaching
- The implementation of coaching and mentoring programmes within organisations
- Quantitative and qualitative research
Recent client assignments have included:
- A research project evaluating the impact of coaching within a local authority
- The creation of a standardised recruitment process for an international wine business
- One to one coaching at a leading insurance brokers
- An assessment centre with a manufacturing company who wished to internally recruit new cell leaders
- Facilitating coaching skills workshops in a local authority
- Helping to produce a ‘change toolkit’ for a social housing provider
Joe is a member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC). He is accredited to administer the TMSDI’s Team Management Profile (TMP), the Leadership Behaviours Profile (LBP) and Performance First’s Performance Climate System (PCS) tool.