Petra is an experienced coach, Organisational Development specialist, facilitator and developer of leaders. She has extensive experience spanning 20+ years of coaching and developing leaders at all levels, particularly in the public sector, from new team leaders through to very senior directors.
She is an experienced senior leader, operating at Deputy and Director level in large public sector organisations, which gives her an appreciation and understanding of real-life issues, and credibility when working with other leaders. Petra has a desire to make a real difference in the work she does with her clients, and works in a flexible and pragmatic way to achieve the agreed outcomes.
Her expertise covers the following:
- Executive coaching
- Developing others as coaches and mentors, including providing coach supervision
- Management and leadership development
- Facilitation of team development including working with Boards and senior teams
- Organisational development diagnostics, interventions, and plans to support major culture change programmes
- Development centres to support talent management and personal development
- Facilitation of large group service improvement and culture change events
Recent client assignments have included:
- One-to-one Executive Coaching, including working with newly appointed leaders, through to directors in large public sector organisations
- Facilitation of board level team development (public sector)
- Facilitation of large sharing, learning and action events with a focus on resolving major system issues (public sector with senior representation from sectors including health, social care, fire, voluntary sector, local government)
- Development of a coaching strategy for a large public sector organisation including setting up the internal service, developing ‘coaching skills for leaders’ workshops
- Providing coach supervision to experienced coaches (for a number of public sector schemes)
Petra has a Masters degree in Management Learning, a postgrad Diploma in Training Management, a postgrad Diploma in Coaching Psychology, a Certificate in Coaching Supervision, and a postgrad Diploma in Management. Petra is currently studying for an MSc in Systems Thinking.
She is a member of the Association of Coaching (MAC) and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD). Petra has also been a lecturer with the Open University focusing on Leadership and Service Improvement. Petra is a qualified user of various psychometric assessment tools such as Myers Briggs, FiroB, and Emotions & Behaviours at Work, and is a practiced 360° feedback facilitator. Petra is also an accredited mediator.