Earlier in the year, we reported on the success of an 18-month ‘Leadership Experience’ programme delivered for CNG, a business utilities provider based in Harrogate.
We had already evaluated the success of the programme by taking measures from participants and their line managers before, during and after the experience, and saw outstanding results! However, evaluations of leadership development programmes often overlook the long term impact. We wanted to know if the programme was still having an impact at least six months later. As this meant we were looking at the impact of the programme during 2020 (which hasn’t been the most ‘normal’ of years to say the least!), this would be the ultimate test of the success of the CNG Leadership Experience.
Six to eight months following the programme end date, the vast majority of participants rated their experience as a nine or ten out of ten. As well as individuals reporting that the programme really helped them at the time, the most pleasing feedback was from those who demonstrated how they were continuing to apply what they had learnt, despite the massive challenges the year has brought. Feedback included:
- “The course has really stuck with me and helped me through some challenging work situations”
- “It has given me the confidence to know that I can achieve things I never thought I was capable of”
- “The course has made such a lasting impression; I’ll always try and upskill and develop within my role & I believe the course has given me the tools to do so”
- “I feel I have learnt a lot and use a little bit of every module in my day to day work.”
- “Thank you for the support over the course, I feel like it’s had such a lasting impact on my career and will be something I always remember!”
- “I would recommend this course to anyone. I honestly can say I’ve learnt so much and I’m still using tools today.”
- “CNG has definitely got more aspiring leaders equipped to do the job as a result!”
Although we love to run development programmes that people enjoy, one of the things that pleases us most within Azure is to know that our interventions have a lasting impact on both individuals and the organisations in which they work. One of our core values is “We’re practical”, always wanting to provide solutions that have a real lasting positive impact on organisations. The CNG Leadership Experience has definitely proven just that!
Contact us today to discuss your leadership development needs. We are delighted to say that we are able to deliver all of our interventions to equal effect virtually.