Simon has a wealth of experience in leadership, relationship management, and negotiation in complex operating environments. He is also an experienced non-executive director. He has been a qualified coach and mentor to ILM Level 7 for many years, and has a variety of coaching and mentoring experience across a range of sectors.
His expertise includes the following areas:
- Governance and leadership experience both as a Chief Executive and non-executive director
- An experienced coach and mentor with both internal and external clients with a successful record of coaching interventions
- Good communication and presentation skills
- High levels of political awareness and highly sensitive to operating environments
- A skilled facilitator of groups and teams
Recent client assignments have included:
- The coaching and mentoring of Chief Executive and senior managers in a large leisure based organisation
- The training and development of coaching skills to ILM Level 5 within a national organisation
- Coaching senior staff from the not for profit and non-government sectors
- Mentoring senior managers in the housing sector
Simon was Chief Executive of a large housing management company, a position he held since 2002. The company was a high performing organisation having achieved IIP Gold, reached the Sunday Times top 100 companies in 2015 and again in 2016, as well as many other awards.
Simon has a degree in Geography and is a professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing. He is also a qualified trainer and has an ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring. He is a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council, and an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.