Mike is an experienced Occupational Psychologist, having switched from a career in retail management over nine years ago. He has project managed, designed and delivered a range of solutions including leadership development programmes, organisational design, and culture/performance diagnostics. Experienced in business and commercially minded with over 10 years management experience, he has proved himself to be an engaging and challenging facilitator and coach with excellent client feedback.
His expertise covers the following areas:
- Performance management
- Leadership and Team Development
- Process Improvement
- Personal Effectiveness
- Culture audits and vision and values
Recent client assignments have included:
- Developing competencies and behavioural statements for all levels of management (Hospitality)
- Design and delivery of bespoke leadership programmes (professional services, healthcare, non-departmental public body)
- Design and delivery of development activities to embed vision and values (Healthcare)
- Re-designed branch structure and key business processes within a large retail organization (Retail)
- Coaching senior managers (Retail, NDPB and professional services)
- Running assessment centres and providing feedback including various psychometrics (Healthcare)
Mike is a registered occupational psychologist with a Masters (with distinction) in Occupational Psychology from Sheffield University. He is Level A and B psychometric testing qualified, and trained in a number of these tools. Mike also lectures on the Change Management at Leeds Business School and retains links with higher education to keep abreast of recent developments.